Due to the current situation with COVID-19, I have some changes to how and where I am operating. Please read this post to learn more about where you can find me, what I'm doing to keep you (and me) safe, and how you can book in to shop with me.
I have found a few locations where I can stand on private property. However, to ensure proper social distancing, I am implementing a booking system. Customers need to pre-book a time to come with containers and have them filled. The link to the booking system is at the end of this post - please read the rest of the information here before booking.
Here are the changes you will notice when visiting the van:
- You will prebook your vist via the booking system on the website (more on this later), allowing you to avoid contact with others through queueing.
- A table will be across the door to the van; customers are no longer allowed to enter. This ensures we keep the appropriate distance between us. It also gives you a surface to put your containers on to help with filling and packing, so... silver linings!
- I will be sanitising my hands regularly, and wiping down the scale and my work surface between customers. This should prevent any transfer of pathogens from the previous customer's containers to yours.
- I recommend that when you get home you clean/sanitise the outsides of your containers and wash your hands before putting them away.
How you can help - PLEASE DO:
- Book the appropriate length appointment for the number of refill items you want. This means you need to make a list before coming, and plan for your visit. Items like shampoo bars and toothbrushes don't count when deciding if you need more or less than 10 items.
- Plan to buy enough to last you a couple of weeks. This helps keep journeys to a minimum as numbers begin to rise again.
- Be sensible about how far you are travelling for refills! If you are travelling a lot further than you would to a supermarket, please reconsider if the journey is really necessary.
- Please ensure your food containers are clean, but most importantly DRY. I can't fill containers that are wet on the inside - water breeds bacteria and can ruin your food. This is less imporant for liquids containers, which can be topped up even if you still have some product remaining.
- Please don't book to only buy one or two items. Wait instead until you need to buy more things to make the journey worth it.
- Please don't visit if you are feeling ill, or if someone in your house is ill. I need to stay healthy if I'm to continue operating.
As we see numbers rise again in autumn, we may once again experience shortages of some products like we saw in spring. I will do my best to keep items in stock, but I may be forced to seek out alternatives to what I normally stock (different shapes of pasta, white vs wheat pasta, organic vs non-organic, etc.)
Appointments for a particular location open 4 days before the scheduled event. If you don't see any available dates, you may be looking too early. If you are within the 4-day window, please contact me as I can likely arrange additional slots to accommodate you.